Phillip L. Currie, Jr., Managing Director & Partner Fulcrum Partners
Newport Beach, CA and Salt Lake City, UT
Phil brings more than 25 years of professional experience to his role as Managing Director & Partner of Fulcrum Partners Newport Beach and Fulcrum Partners Salt Lake City. His many Fortune 1000 clients value the integrity and experience he brings to each client relationship. Recognized as one of the leading consultants in executive benefits planning, Phil’s professional skills include:
- Designing executive benefit programs that align plan design features with corporate objectives
- Implementing various employee benefit cost take out strategies
- Managing numerous employee and executive benefit programs
- Specialties in executive carve out, executive life, and executive disability
Education and Experience
- Fifteen-plus years experience as a top executive benefits producer for one of the nation’s leading service providers; recognized as a leader of various employee benefit cost take out strategies.
- In-depth employee benefits planning experience with Sedgwick James, which later merged with Marsh. At Sedgwick James, Phil Currie developed the national “Standards of Practice” for the firm’s Executive Benefits Group.
- Series 7 and 63 Registrations since 1992.
- Insurance licensed State of California Insurance #0A29734, since 1989.
- University of Southern California, Bachelor of Science in Business Administration.
Check the background of this investment professional on FINRA’s BrokerCheck.
Phillip Currie is affiliated with Valmark Securities, Inc. Member FINRA, SIPC, 130 Springside Drive, Akron, Ohio 44333-2431* 1-800-765-5201. Fulcrum Partners LLC is a separate entity from Valmark Securities, Inc.
Phil Currie, Fulcrum Partners Los Angeles and Fulcrum Partners Newport Beach
A native of Spokane, Washington, Phil Currie resides in Newport Beach, California. Actively involved in his community, Phil’s community service includes:
This five-member Committee serves as an advisory panel to the City Treasurer regarding the holdings of Glendora’s investment portfolio and related reports, policies, and procedures.
Each day over 7,700 students attend class at the nine schools in the Glendora Unified School District. The Glendora Education Endowment supports significant enrichment programs to help expand the offerings and options available to Glendora’s elementary and secondary students.
Glendora Community Committee Member for the Los Angeles County Fair Association
Launched in 1922, the LA County Fair is one of the five largest county fairs in the U.S., and every year hosts more than a million attendees. Working in partnership with groups such as the Glendora Community Committee, the fair features Community Days parades, Community Hero recognition and other events to honor local civic officials, business leaders, volunteers, outstanding teens, and unsung heroes.
Founded in 1919, Junior Achievement is a not-for-profit organization created to inspire young people for success in a global economy. Phil Currie is one of the many active Junior Achievement volunteers who contribute to the business and economics education of young people, collectively serving an average of 4.5 million teens and preteens each year.
Email Phillip L. Currie, Jr. of Fulcrum Partners: email@example.com.
You can download photos for the Fulcrum Partners team and more information about Fulcrum Partners Executive Benefits Consultancy here: Authorized Image and Document Download
Check the background of this investment professional on FINRA's BrokerCheck
- Series 7
- Series 63
- State of California Insurance Licenses Variable Contracts, Accident and Health, and Life License # 0A29734
Publications and Presentations
- Main Presenter,Utah Association of CPAs Winter Conference (December 2011)
- “A New Look at Executive Retirement Plans”
- Attentive listener with the capability to understand the needs of each client
- Excellent “Critical Path” thinker with the ability to synthesize human resources, finance, and legal components
- Strong understanding of how benefit plans align with corporate objectives and then deliver results